If your Energy Committee has additional resources (either discovered or created) that you've found especially useful please consider sending them to Erin Sterner (firstname.lastname@example.org) at SERG for review and potential addition to this Resource page.
- Financing Municipal Energy Projects
2013 Upper Valley Energy Committee Roundtable
Peter Adamczyk, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation discusses creating a financing package for local energy projects.
Powerpoint: Adamczyk Financing Municipal Energy Projects Presentation (pdf)
- Funding and Financing Energy Committee Activities
2012 Upper Valley Energy Committee Roundtable
Ginny Callan from the New England Grassroots Environmental Fund presented a list of resources to help fund your energy projects
Powerpoint: Upper Valley Energy Committee Grant Resources (pdf)
Handout: Upper Valley EC Fundraising Resources
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Informational Flyer
Developed by Thetford Energy Committee and SERG. Please feel free to edit using your Town Energy Committee information and logo for use in your town.
(.doc) or (.pdf)
- Energy BenchmarkNH
A LEWG initiative to get NH municipalities to use Portfolio Manager and begin benchmarking their municipal buildings
- Model Energy Audit RFP
- Thetford HEAT
Bob Walker of SERG discusses the Community Based Social Marketing campaign in Thetford, Vermont that resulted in 18 new home weatherizations, 41 annual tons of CO2 saved and over $15,000 in annual energy savings!
Powerpoint: Thetford HEAT Presentation (pdf)
Handout: SERG's Thetford Weatherization Program Report
- Articles, Quotes and Reports
- Case Study Materials
- Door To Door Handout Materials
- Letters, Emails, Calculators and Surveys
- Volunteer Materials
- Weatherization Programs Materials
- Vermont Energy & Climate Action Network (VECAN)
VECAN has multiple resources available for Vermont TECs. They also have a few publications that are very helpful for TECs just starting out including:
- The Energy Planning and Implementation Guide which is a step-by-step guide outlining how communities can use the energy element of their municipal plan to comprehensively address energy issues.
- Communities Tackling Vermont's Energy which is an overview of three dozen ‘snapshots’ of innovative, entrepreneurial and proactive approaches Vermonters are taking to help save money, reduce energy consumption, transition to renewables, and combat climate change.
- NH Community Energy Project
NH Community Energy Project has multiple resources available for New Hampshire TECs. Of the many resources available is a section titled Guidance on How To Form an Energy Commission that includes a Fact Sheet, Process Map and Sample Warrant Article Language.
- TEC Volunteer Recruiting Poster/Handout
SERG has developed a poster/handout that may be used for towns interested in forming a new TEC or recruiting more volunteers for exisiting committees with information specific to Vermont and New Hampshire towns. The pdf version also includes a handout with general information about TECs. The .doc version is posted in case you'd like to adapt the poster specifically with your town name and contact info.